Friday, January 28, 2005

Mountain biking

Really starting to get antsy to get out and go mountain biking. Been spending time getting my bike ready. I ride a Trek 8000. Hoping I can get a new bike before too long. I'm ready to go for a full suspension. But not quite to the point that I can do that yet. Besides I'd like to get my oldest son Jayge riding. He's gone with us a few times. But his Trek 820 is a bit heavy, and dosn't stay in tune long enough to really enjoy riding. He's had fun. but a better bike would do him wonders. Besides his bike is getting to small for him. My Trek would work perfectly for him. So hopefully this year I will be able to get me a full suspension so that he can start joining us. My wife has also expressed interest in riding with us. And she could also ride my 8000. So far this year I have replaced my chain, hand grips, and tires. With a complete tune up it will be totally ready to go. I'm really excited to get out this year. I'm trying to get into good riding shape over this winter. so I don't trail everyone else quite so badly. I'd like to get to the point that I'm not a straggler, but can ride with the group. Hopefully I can get out 2-3 times per week for some riding. Maybe if I can can swing a state park pass, I can ride antelope island regularly. That should help me get into pretty good riding shape. As there are some fairly tough rides out there. Anyway looking forward to a good riding year. SMILE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home